ReefCleaners.org

W1dude's 12g (new pics! 12/15 after the MOVE)

w1dude

My setup and pics:

12.5g (weird tank)

20lbs Live Sand

14lbs Live Rock

Tell me what you think! I need advice!

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0546-1.jpg

Equipment

t5 ho light with 4 24w bulbs

Ac 110 mod refugium with live rock and sponge filter

Koralia 1

Reptile Hang On Light (25 watt bulb) for fure

50 watt Vsi-Therm Heater

Livestock

1Occelaris Clown

1Black and White Occelaris Clown

3Damsels (traded in)

2 Occelarus Clowns (died during power outtage :angry:)

1Green Star Polyp

1Green Finger Leather

1Green Hammer

1Pom Pom Xenia

Chaeto

5 Red Leg Hermit Crabs

3 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs

2 Small Turbo Snails

1 Large Turbo Snail

3 Cerith Snails

• 2 months later...
sounds good to me

ok i was just wondering if i had too many hermit crabs and no enough cerith snails. Because i have algae growth on the glass and sand problem.

maybe some astrea snail and nassarius.

how often are you doing water changes?

and how long are you leaving the lights on?

and also, whens the last time you "vaccumed" your tank, you know sucked out all the deatris?

maybe some astrea snail and nassarius.

how often are you doing water changes?

and how long are you leaving the lights on?

and also, whens the last time you "vaccumed" your tank, you know sucked out all the deatris?

i do 2 gallons once a week. and i vac just a little bit when i do water changes. My lights are on 12hrs.

is this ok?

try cutting back to 10-8 hours, that should slow the algae and give your cuc a chance to catch up

that or take the shortcut and pick up a straightedge razor and scrap it off the glass in lil rolls and suck them out.

are you using R/o water or Distilled or tap water?

cause it looks like you have a diatom bloom with the brown algae, I used to get it like crazy from tap water.

try cutting back to 10-8 hours, that should slow the algae and give your cuc a chance to catch up

that or take the shortcut and pick up a straightedge razor and scrap it off the glass in lil rolls and suck them out.

are you using R/o water or Distilled or tap water?

cause it looks like you have a diatom bloom with the brown algae, I used to get it like crazy from tap water.

ok ill do that. but the algae isnt really scraping algae. My mag float gets it fine. Does that change what i need to do? (btw i really dont have any coraline yet)

well if it is green and doesn't scrape, like it is really hard, then it might be the bases of coraline.

theres a couple of different colors of coraline.

green pink purple some people claim orange and dark red are coraline.

IMO i'd still cut back on the lights 10-8hrs your corals will do fine under those conditions and use R/O water or distilled water for water changes.

also check your water perameters, excess amonnia and nitrates and nitrates can lead to algae growth.

well if it is green and doesn't scrape, like it is really hard, then it might be the bases of coraline.

theres a couple of different colors of coraline.

green pink purple some people claim orange and dark red are coraline.

IMO i'd still cut back on the lights 10-8hrs your corals will do fine under those conditions and use R/O water or distilled water for water changes.

also check your water perameters, excess amonnia and nitrates and nitrates can lead to algae growth.

i use r/o and ocassionally distilled. the algae i get is brown. my amonnia is always 0 and nitrates and nitrates are always 0. but i will cut back!

btw thanks for the help and quick responses!

hmmmmm....

you keeping a head count of your CuC

maybe you had something die off?

is your tank getting direct sunlight?

worse comes to worse just pick up an algaeside and wipe it out :) or just beef up the cuc

hmmmmm....

you keeping a head count of your CuC

maybe you had something die off?

is your tank getting direct sunlight?

worse comes to worse just pick up an algaeside and wipe it out :) or just beef up the cuc

yea ive been counting. and i guess ill beef it up! haha oh yea no direct sunlight. Lol its in a Dorm

• 2 months later...
I liked your scape from the beginning..is that not possible to do again?

ahh... -_- i wish i would have talked to you before. haha no one else liked it!

• 4 months later...
purplefirefish
i do 2 gallons once a week. and i vac just a little bit when i do water changes. My lights are on 12hrs.

is this ok?

aw look how you were such a cute noob.

• 4 months later...

Archived