ReefCleaners.org

OceanNano's 20L GSP-Bottom tank

OceanNano

Welcome to my 20L thread. I moved everything from my two 10g tanks into this new 20L & just upgraded my 130w PC light to a Current Sundial 30" 96w T-5HO fixture. The Tank Is BB for right now (I might keep it that way....as its easy to keep clean and nitrate free for the most part) I only have twoThree fish two Ocellaris Clownfish and a Six line Wrasse. I have five red & six blue hermet crabs,Three conehead snails, one turbo & one Skunk shrimp. I also am using an AC 70 filter filled with reef rubble and a cheep Rio skimmer.

Thanks for looking!

DSC06808Large.jpg

Lime green Monti cap

DSC06799Large.jpg

DSC06802Large.jpg

I had this in my 10g and has grown about 1/4" already!

DSC06801Large.jpg

Edited by OceanNano
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice setup. Do you have it placed where you can see it from two different rooms?

Thanks, We can see the tank from three different rooms if you count the hallway into the family room. I can see the back of the tank well from the kitchen also. I'll have to post a photo later. I arranged all the Live Rock so that nothing is touching any of the glass and I can keep the entire glass area clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add some updates: New 3" Tridacna Crocea clam added last week and is doing well. My orange Monti cap is encrusting into my live rock. and I have moved some things around. I don't know if you can see from the photos, but Coralline Algae is all over the bottom of the tank :D

DSC07128Medium.jpg

DSC07127Medium.jpg

DSC07130Medium.jpg

^^^Back of tank from the kitchen^^^

DSC07126Medium.jpg

^^^FTS^^^

Thanks for looking!

Nice setup. Did you drill that tank yourself? What kind of filtration do you have? And how does your plumbing work? Thanks for the help.

Thanks... The tank is not drilled. I have a homemade surface skimmer ( PVC pipe.... Idea from Mr.Fosi.....Thanks :D ) attached to my AC70 filter. It has some filter floss a sponge (I swap it out every few days), Chemi-Pure elite and carbon. other than (2) Hydro 1 power heads & thats it. I'm floating the Idea around about getting a skimmer But I'm not sure yet. My clam needs to eat & I don't want to strip the water of his food. Until I start showing some nitrates (currently Zero) I don't have a true need for a skimmer. I do a 5g water change every 5 days and it has been working out good for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Everything has been going well with the tank and growing well... I'LL try and get some close up shots tomorrow.

FRONTDec2008.jpg

post-35980-1231381913_thumb.jpg

Edited by OceanNano
Wow that Orange monti really took off!

Not too often you see a reef tank with a lawn.. very cool.

Thanks.... I'm hoping it will cover the bottom of my tank soon ;)

Edited by OceanNano
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Short Video Update: http://vimeo.com/5088236

Going on 11 months and I haven't done much, but weekly water changes. I had a strange cyno bloom about three months ago (I was over feeding my coral and fish) I have reduced my feedings to a small once a day pellet feeding only....nothing else. I had a rio protein skimmer on but I just took it off (it didn't work that well anyway)

I hope you enjoy the video :-)

Holy chit! that GSP carpet is lovely :o did I mention I wub this tank :happydance:

Thanks for the update!

Thanks....Sorry it took me so long to get an update out. I will try and take some still shots tomorrow.