Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

dahliaheartsyou

Well, the day has come.

Cue the horn intro and roll out the red carpet!

Or...not.

So, today I went to Preuss Pets and got the BC 29 and stand and ot a deal on it because I originally asked for an Aquapod, and was told they were junk etc., and well the manager said he was really sorry some employee said that, so I got $75 off!!!

And....2 hours later had the stand together(damn european hinges)...

Anyways, I don't have water in it yet, I'm going to fw test it in the next few hours, and then wait till next week when I sell my DS and games to have money for live rock and a refractometer...

Sorry for the bad pics, I had to use my MacBook( Photobooth) to take pics until I can find my Cannon Rebel...

Costs so far( not like this matters...but just for kicks)

*Tank- $225

*Stand- $125

*Reef Crystals Salt 50 gal- $14.99

*2 bags of 15lbs Caribsea Aragonite sand .5-1 mm- $36

*Coralife Digital Timer- $33

*API saltwater master test kit- $19.99

*Marina Alcohol Thermometer w/suction cup- $3.29

*Visi-therm 150 watt heater- already had

*Distilled water 30 gallons- free from parents!

Things I still need to buy

*refractometer

*live rock

*koralia 1

*fuge light/chaeto

*chemipure/purigen

THANKS FOR LOOKIN

UPDATES SOON

-dahlia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you finally took the plunge. Preuss Pets is a great place. Are you planning to get your live rock at Preuss? If you are, they said they are thinking about doing a bucket sale soon. It's not the greatest looking live rock but you get as much live rock as you can fit in a 5g bucket for $50. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and they hooked me up with a bucket and I managed to fit about 35 pounds in it.

Michigan reefers is a grat place to find reasonably priced coral frags when your tank is ready and many of the members are generous to newbies setting up their first tanks.

Good luck with your tank and I'll be tagging along.

Edit: Hardcore reefing, that's funny. I see you actually have good taste in music.

well it looks like you have a very nice start on a reef you just need to get your live rock and get it started

good luck

ps nice cat did you put it in there?

dahliaheartsyou

chasde3-

yep i finally took the plunge!!!

Yes I plan to get lr from there, when I went in today, there were some really good lookin peices, like super purple with red and teal, I was eyein one particular piece in the bin and my dad was like "why are you starin at that rock?" haha. They had some super sweet stuff- a XXL coral banded shrimp(one bad mamajama) mantis shrimp, and that badarse of an eel for 400 bucks.

So I just put sand in and now I'm filling it up...I can't WAIT to get money for the lr... omgomgomg

And thanks for the nice comments on my musical taste...suprised a girl likes good metal?!?! haha.

later!

-dahlia

well it looks like you have a very nice start on a reef you just need to get your live rock and get it started

good luck

ps nice cat did you put it in there?

I know, I was so happy I got it together...that soon ended after I was like "oh great....a big empty tank...boooo"

NOPE, she got her curious self in there...she's got mad ninja skills :ninja:

later

-dahlia

Congrats on the BC.. your gonna love it... ;)

THANKS SO MUCH!

I feel like I joined a club! Where's the letterman jackets?!?!?!

later

-Dahlia

dahliaheartsyou
your definetly in the BC club now... check out my BC journal in sig.. ( note: it has sad ending)

Whoa, holy 34 pages!

I have read most of yours already, I spent 2 weeks just reading EVERYONE's BC threads...

Aw, your tank was so pretty, really purple/pink all over...R.I.P. beautiful tank... :(

but...the pico sounds Schweet! Them things sound too dang hard to keep stable for me, but good luck!

suprised a girl likes good metal?!?

Not too surprised. I live just west of Lansing and help run a local music venue and there is quite a local metal following.

your definetly in the BC club now... check out my BC journal in sig.. ( note: it has sad ending)

What happened to your tank?

Not too surprised. I live just west of Lansing and help run a local music venue and there is quite a local metal following.

What bands out now are considered metal? I never no what genre different kinds of rock falls into.

dahliaheartsyou
What happened to your tank?

What bands out now are considered metal? I never no what genre different kinds of rock falls into.

Look at my signature for some...

Here's some more I like...

All that Remains, Between the Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, God Forbid, In Flames, Lamb of God, A life Once Lost, Throwdown, Arch Enemy, Bleeding Through, Killswitch Engage, A Dozen Furies, Unearth...Too name a few I guess...

Look at my signature for some...

Here's some more I like...

All that Remains, Between the Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, God Forbid, In Flames, Lamb of God, A life Once Lost, Throwdown, Arch Enemy, Bleeding Through, Killswitch Engage, A Dozen Furies, Unearth...Too name a few I guess...

Never head or any of them. Actually I think Lamb of God. I always thought that was "crazy" music...no offence.

Ha, I just noticed that in the picture reefone.

I'm not too big on classifying music into all of the different sub-genres that exist. If I like the music I buy it. Most of the bands at our venue are local high school bands. For the Fallen Dreams, one of the bands that I went to high school with, ended up getting a record deal and released their first cd at the beginning of the year.

dahliaheartsyou
good to see u finally got u a tank :)

i like the pic best where u can see u holding up the comp to take pics :P

HAHA....i noticed that after I took them...I was like maybe nobody will notice the giant glare of me holding it, my arm, or my shadow... what a noob

I am so pumped, I didn't realize now my room is like 30% taken up by my 2 aquariums now... :happydance:

My cats are pretty pumped too!

-dahlia

dahliaheartsyou
Ha, I just noticed that in the picture reefone.

I'm not too big on classifying music into all of the different sub-genres that exist. If I like the music I buy it. Most of the bands at our venue are local high school bands. For the Fallen Dreams, one of the bands that I went to high school with, ended up getting a record deal and released their first cd at the beginning of the year.

That happened with me too! Except it was The Swellers, my good friend nick's, and unfortunately it isn't metal but more punk...I like it ok though...

Yeah, I like music by what I hear too...some of my favs beside metal are Sufjan Stevens, Cold War Kids, Everytime I die, Iron and Wine, Justice, the mars volta, minus the bear, modest mouse, neon blonde, neutral milk hotel, the shins, tunng...

the whole being at a venue thing all the time would probably freakin rock...i'm jealous.

Im gonna have you post my next tank so I can get 32058230985 replies a minute :) woot

Don't be a hater. :haha:

Never head or any of them. Actually I think Lamb of God. I always thought that was "crazy" music...no offence.

Yep. I love double bass drum crazy music.

That happened with me too! Except it was The Swellers, my good friend nick's, and unfortunately it isn't metal but more punk...I like it ok though...

Yeah, I like music by what I hear too...some of my favs beside metal are Sufjan Stevens, Cold War Kids, Everytime I die, Iron and Wine, Justice, the mars volta, minus the bear, modest mouse, neon blonde, neutral milk hotel, the shins, tunng...

the whole being at a venue thing all the time would probably freakin rock...i'm jealous.

Don't be a hater. :haha:

Yep. I love double bass drum crazy music.

I guess I like all the "popular" rock music.

Not hating, just not a girl on the internet.

I thought you were...

Archived