Pod Your Reef

Greeneyes 55

greeneyes

Well here is FS.

When I have more time I will post more pics.

HPIM0216-1.jpg

Sorry it's crappy. Don't have a steady hand today.

Running 400W MH

29G fuge.

Cool, this weekend while the big kids are camping with the grandparents I was going to re-scape again.

That's pretty impressive that you could throw that all together in the kitchen on short notice like that. Looks like it sucked to do but good to know that you can if you have to. That yellow gorg is great.

Bill

It was hell. I have never done so many water changes in my life. We did a small water change first thing in the morning with the water we had on hand. Turned the RO system on and went and did the family thing came home and ripped into it. We got it put back together at 3 am.

That's pretty impressive that you could throw that all together in the kitchen on short notice like that. Looks like it sucked to do but good to know that you can if you have to. That yellow gorg is great.

Bill

It was ruff. But go to do what you go to do.

The yellow gorg is doing really good for now. I have had it for almost 3 months. So long as a scrub it off every couple days it send out all it's polyps.

Looks great! What a recovery! I'm glad to finally see pics. Keep us posted.

You might want to get your scape like you want it before the sand bed gets too well established. I got fungus & pox from re-scaping after about 5 months. I vacuum the sand bed but can't get under the rocks. I continue to resist the urge to "re-arrange the furniture" in there now. :lol:

Sue I know what you are saying but I am keeping my finger crossed that it does not happen. They way it is scaped now was just a hurry to get everything back in the tank. At 2 am we were tired and wanted to go to bed. I have not changed since the baby remote problem and really do not like it.

Sue I know what you are saying but I am keeping my finger crossed that it does not happen. They way it is scaped now was just a hurry to get everything back in the tank. At 2 am we were tired and wanted to go to bed. I have not changed since the baby remote problem and really do not like it.

Since it hasn't been that long & you didn't have a problem at the time, you are probably OK. Just keep an eye out & have a QT tank ready. Looking forward to seeing the new look!

They ony QT I have is a small 1.3 gallon so let hope all will come out well. I will also have a large amout of water on hand for a water change.

Can you move your tank light? You could use it over the tub when your lights are out. Also, for $10 you can get a 10g tank & put it next to your big tank if there is room. Just a thought. Hopefully you won't need it. (Didn't I already say that?) :o

I am sure with my handy hubby we can figure it out. Or at least I hope.

Handy hubbies sure can come in handy sometimes can't they! :P Mine is helping me put both my MH lights over my prop tank & under the hood of the stove. The exhaust fan will hopefully help draw out some of the heat! Today they are mounted. Tomorrow, he is going to help me raise them some more.

The re-scape is almost done. I felt really bad for a bleached brain that I am going to try to bring back to life.

Will post pics when it clears up.

Today the brain looks better. I will contiune to dip it for a couple more day. I have been dipping in the moring before the lights come on theen try feeding it at night. But it still will not eat.

ThiefofAlways
Today the brain looks better. I will contiune to dip it for a couple more day. I have been dipping in the moring before the lights come on theen try feeding it at night. But it still will not eat.

hope the brain comes through!

other than that, I love your tank set up, clones slots up top :)

good luck!

On a good note, I saved the other one that you see in the pics that was worse off. But at least that one ate. This guy will not.

Archived