ReefCleaners.org

Cubans AP24

TheCuban1040

TheCuban1040

Thought I'd start a thread to post pictures of my setup... Let me know what you think!

Then (06-05-07):

img0007zz5.jpg

Now (04-23-08):

0423084mu6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reef Chicks

HEY! Who says Cubans cant be reefers huh? Great job! I likee, I likee. What do you do to feed your suns? They look amazing!

TheCuban1040

As for equipment it is pretty simple. I have the 150W Sunpod and run only filter floss, 2 heaters, and an MJ1200 in the back. I also have a minijet 600 behind the rock work for extra circulation. I have an Aquahub ATO which is AWESOME in the dry Tucson weather.

I mostly fed the suns mysis, but I recently got rid of them. I'm starting to get some SPS and all that feeding really brings down the water quality. I kept the couple of small polyps though because they are really cool corals.

I'll try and post a couple new pics tomorrow after my shipment of new corals arrives! B)

Thanks for all the compliments!

TheCuban1040

I found this little critter crawling on the glass the other day. It looks like it may be some sort of Chiton. Can anyone confirm my speculation? Flatworm included for scale :P

chitonrh8.jpg

chitonrh8.4ffcf1fcb5.jpg

TheCuban1040

Thanks Carter. I think you are either talking about the Candy Canes, or the Crocea Clam.

I FINALLY got the Kryptonite Candy Canes that I've been looking for forever, so I'll have to put up a pic of those guys once they settle in.

CarterNichols
Thanks Carter. I think you are either talking about the Candy Canes, or the Crocea Clam.

I FINALLY got the Kryptonite Candy Canes that I've been looking for forever, so I'll have to put up a pic of those guys once they settle in.

It is def. the candy canes, those are simply amazing! i might have to pay you to frag that for me when my tank is set up :happy:

TheCuban1040

Thanks Briz. I actually got all of that SPS from coralfanatics.com. They have awesome prices, highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
TheCuban1040

New FTS!

fts060808ti9.jpg

fts060808ti9.0e3ead47ac.jpg

I added a Pocilipora and some sweet red Blastos. And of course I've had to do lots of Xenia trimming. I'm also super excited that my neon GSP is finally starting to grow up the back wall! You can juuuuust see it peeking up behind the pink birdsnest. The other lame looking (by comparison) GSP is moving on up too. Anyways... update complete!

TheCuban1040

Thanks Ellen! I was actually thinking of cutting a couple heads off of mine to make room for more stuff. Maybe we could work something out? :)

TheCuban1040

Yeah, I took the big baseball sized one out because feeding it was making things messy. I'm getting more SPS these days and I don't plan on getting a skimmer so I thought getting rid of the Sun would cut my feeding in half. It has worked so far. The SPS has really started to grow in the last month or so. :D

Archived