SaltCritters.com

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

I have been doing a lot of research on RSM since I first got the tank back in May 2007. There has been a lot of materials in this area and a lot of new RSM owners. So, I think it is a good idea to create a linking page for all RSM contents so that you don't need to keep searching for any specific topics... this will be an on-going update. Suggestions and links welcome.

RSM FAQ:

RSM Owners List:

Edited by StevieT
  • Like 2

Thanks! I've been trying to track all of these and I'm afraid that I've missed some.

Do you want more?

richlids' Red Sea Max:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153906

My new RSM (hollow)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154736

Snake Plissken's Red Sea Max

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119101

George's Red Sea Max Tank

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131223

lilredneckmans RSM

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140638

Chuck's Red Sea Max

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151572

Gil's New Red Sea Max

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154596

Scott - Red Sea Max

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151021

-hank

lilredneckman

I also addded a crappy fuge to my RSM right next to the stock skimmer. if you want me to go into detail i could explain how i did it and take some pics.

you beat me to it!!! I was working on one of these to release in the next week, but this works great as well.

Here are the actual owners i have compiled so far.

Smarsh

Noobofreef

Hazmat

StevieT

Oceanic

Pwoller

Oceanic 30g

Gambc1

Adamskit

Lemmy_01

Madelboom

Gilrock

Bitz

Jay-Sun

Bluesky

Hollow

Land_lubber

Lilredneckman

Brent F

Reef@305

Jlylec

Snake Plissken

Gar1964

aero_reefer777

to find their threads a good thing is to search their user name, find them and go to "memebers topics"

Edited by StevieT
Thanks! I've been trying to track all of these and I'm afraid that I've missed some.

Do you want more?

-hank

Thanks Hank. Appreciate all the research.

I have been tracking some ... but sometimes unable to get the thread back because I did not bookmark them ... this is why I tried to create an index thread for RSM owners and myself for easy access :)

I also addded a crappy fuge to my RSM right next to the stock skimmer. if you want me to go into detail i could explain how i did it and take some pics.

Yeah that will be great. If you can create a new thread and send me the link. I can put that in the original post so people do not need to read through the whole thread :)

you beat me to it!!! I was working on one of these to release in the next week, but this works great as well.

Here are the actual owners i have compiled so far.

.... <name list> .....

to find their threads a good thing is to search their user name, find them and go to "memebers topics"

Sorry Steve. I started it because I had a hard time looking for the info over and over again. The search does not work too well ... or it could be my technical skills issue.

Actually if you are going to start one, why don't you create one and I can rename this thread to something else or point this to yours ... You are more of an original content reefer which I think RSM owners like us will benefit from reading your thread ... I was just trying to consolidate without much value add. Let me know. I can email you the text of my original post so that you can do the official RSM Index thread :)

I guess I better upgrade my thread about the mod I did. I decided to use the media reactor too, then fuge, skimmer, heater and return pumps.

That's awesome. I just realize that I did not even have a tank thread for my own RSM ... I am working hard to put together something as well ... it will be lots of pics ...

lilredneckman
Yeah that will be great. If you can create a new thread and send me the link. I can put that in the original post so people do not need to read through the whole thread :)

Alright ill have to start it later.

I got a couple questions for you folks. I have the tunze skimmer on order from marine depot it should be here tomorrow or wednesday :). I want to set up a system like pwoller has but I have never messed with cheato. How much light is needed for it to flurish and how long should the light run. I dont wanna cut holes in the hood so I was hopeing someone could direct me to a small enough light I can just leave in or just above the water.

I got a couple questions for you folks. I have the tunze skimmer on order from marine depot it should be here tomorrow or wednesday :). I want to set up a system like pwoller has but I have never messed with cheato. How much light is needed for it to flurish and how long should the light run. I dont wanna cut holes in the hood so I was hopeing someone could direct me to a small enough light I can just leave in or just above the water.

You might want to check out FAQ#4 for a custom media rack.

All, more members and FAQs updated ...

I'll leave this one up to your for now! It looks like you are doing a fine job with it and I really don't have the time right now to do a nice job. Too many media racks to build for people ;)

keep up the good work

First of all, let me repeat that I'm thrilled that someone is doing this. I'm not too crazy about the concept of everyone posting their comments to the same thread. I like that everyone has their own tank thread (and look forward to the day when I too can post on behalf of SWMBO, my one true love. :flower::wub: OK, I'll stop now before you guys get sick of me. ;) ) And it's really hard to track them myself. I open an RSM thread, start ogling the pictures or following the description and totally forget to bookmark. ;)

Next, can I ask that you add the "view=getnewpost" argument to the URL? For example, I've modified my bookmark of lilredneckman's thread to be:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140638&view=getnewpost

so that whenever I click on it, I go right to the first unread post. Unless I'm missing something on this board, that function does not appear once you enter a thread. And yeah, I'm a lazy bastage. :D

And while I'm at it, I'll recommend a way to get around search difficulties. Go to google and include "site:nano-reef.com" in you search string and it will search only this site. It doesn't replace the site search, but can be a big help when site search comes up empty. (At one point site search ignored anything three characters or less, making it rather difficult to search for "Red Sea Max." ;) )

thanks again,

hank

First of all, let me repeat that I'm thrilled that someone is doing this. I'm not too crazy about the concept of everyone posting their comments to the same thread. I like that everyone has their own tank thread (and look forward to the day when I too can post on behalf of SWMBO, my one true love. :flower::wub: OK, I'll stop now before you guys get sick of me. ;) ) And it's really hard to track them myself. I open an RSM thread, start ogling the pictures or following the description and totally forget to bookmark. ;)

Next, can I ask that you add the "view=getnewpost" argument to the URL? For example, I've modified my bookmark of lilredneckman's thread to be:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140638&view=getnewpost

so that whenever I click on it, I go right to the first unread post. Unless I'm missing something on this board, that function does not appear once you enter a thread. And yeah, I'm a lazy bastage. :D

And while I'm at it, I'll recommend a way to get around search difficulties. Go to google and include "site:nano-reef.com" in you search string and it will search only this site. It doesn't replace the site search, but can be a big help when site search comes up empty. (At one point site search ignored anything three characters or less, making it rather difficult to search for "Red Sea Max." ;) )

thanks again,

hank

Ok Hank. I changed the link for lilredneckman's thread to get the new post. I am not sure if everyone coming in will want to always jump to the last post as there are newbies that may want to read the entire thread. So, what I will do later is add a latest link beside everyone's thread so that the feature you requested is also available :)

Thanks for suggesting using site:nano-reef.com in the google search. You must be working for Google because Yahoo does the same thing with site:nano-reef.com. Can't be biased buddy. Use Yahoo! :D

Ok Hank. I changed the link for lilredneckman's thread to get the new post. I am not sure if everyone coming in will want to always jump to the last post as there are newbies that may want to read the entire thread. So, what I will do later is add a latest link beside everyone's thread so that the feature you requested is also available :)

thanks!

I thought of new users too and would never do anything that wound inconvenience someone else for my convenience. I'm pretty sure that takes them to the first unread post, but you might be right. Maybe this board performs an automatic 'catch up' since when I open a long thread, I don't go to the first post. ... OK, better do it your way.

Thanks for suggesting using site:nano-reef.com in the google search. You must be working for Google because Yahoo does the same thing with site:nano-reef.com. Can't be biased buddy. Use Yahoo! :D

You made me laugh for the first time today. :D I need more of that. I don't work for Google and no bias was intended. I had no idea that Yahoo would do that too. That is good to know for those who prefer Yahoo.

thanks,

hank

You made me laugh for the first time today. :D I need more of that. I don't work for Google and no bias was intended. I had no idea that Yahoo would do that too. That is good to know for those who prefer Yahoo.

thanks,

hank

haha ... I am just pulling your leg. I use Google too. :D

thanks!

I thought of new users too and would never do anything that wound inconvenience someone else for my convenience. I'm pretty sure that takes them to the first unread post, but you might be right. Maybe this board performs an automatic 'catch up' since when I open a long thread, I don't go to the first post. ... OK, better do it your way.

thanks,

hank

Don't know how it works ... but GetNew link is done as requested. Sorry it took some time :)

• 3 weeks later...