Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What do you think of my Calcium Reactors?

calvin415

nice reactors! (@)(@)

are they real? :lol:

jk, those look sharp! do you have prototypes up & running to show trial results and such?

Prototype of the smallest one 3-1 has been tested for a couple weeks and having great results! Only 10 bmp w 20 drips per min and the effluent is 560ppm Calcium and 38 dkh Alk. It's on a 29 gallon and her calcium levels are just shooting up so we're not going to be able to max it out. :( I hope to be under everyone else for pricing...

I'm conservatively rating them as follows with my targeted MSRP...

3-1 $149.99 Up to 75g

3-2 $174.99 Up to 125g

3-3 $199.99 Up to 180g

The 6 series will come along next and those will be 240g+ and $249.99, $299.99, and $349.99

Kalkwasser Reactors will also be available soon, I need to finish water testing these first 6 and then I can put together some K3-1's for 129.99

LMK if you think these prices are fair, I think I've under cut everyone by at least 70 bucks, that's 30%!

Thanks! I'll be sure to post some pics of the kalk reactor as soon as I have one together. I didn't even think about the Aqua C, but I guess they would look good together. :)

Look great, but I think you could do a bit better on the in/out/ef label ;)

What type of mixing will you be using on the kalk reactors? Magnetic mixing or just a pump(hopefully easily serviceable)?

Looks awesome! I would definitely be interested in the 3-1 model for my BB 30G I'm setting up. All your work in the past seems stellar and the price is very competitive.

Look great, but I think you could do a bit better on the in/out/ef label ;)

What type of mixing will you be using on the kalk reactors? Magnetic mixing or just a pump(hopefully easily serviceable)?

I know, as soon as I have some money coming back in I will have them printed as well. :D I'm so over budget with these first 6. :( The kalk reactor will have a mixing pump, here's a pic of the prototype...

DSCN3789.jpg

The maxijet pump easily disassembles if it needs to be worked on, here it is with the pump removed. It works the same for the Calcium reactor, just a few more tubes. ;)

DSCN3784.jpg

The pump will pull water in from the top of the reactor and then pump it through the walkwasser to mix. Fresh RO/DI will run through a line to the bottom of the reactor to also help keep it mixed.

DSCN3787.jpg

DSCN3786.jpg

Looks awesome! I would definitely be interested in the 3-1 model for my BB 30G I'm setting up. All your work in the past seems stellar and the price is very competitive.

Thanks! Actually I have a slightly blemmished 3-1 (small smudge on the reactor tube) that I will be offering for $119.99 + S/H LMK if you are interested.

Hey Calvin, I won't be buying a reactor for probably another month. I'm in the process of collecting all the equipment as fast as my wallet will allow. If the blem model is still available then, I would be interested. Either way, looks great and will probably be in touch a little later.

you should probably make me a nano one for me to test lol..

They looks nice....I will say though they look a little too tall and skinny which would make it hard to get one under most stands....Id look into some larger diameter acrylic so they are a little more compact.

you should probably make me a nano one for me to test lol..

They looks nice....I will say though they look a little too tall and skinny which would make it hard to get one under most stands....Id look into some larger diameter acrylic so they are a little more compact.

Thanks,

I have larger diameter acrylic planned, these were just to get my feet wet and I agree the 24" tube is very tall. If they don't sell, I may just give them the chop and make 2 12" units out of it. LOL! The 3-1 should handle any nano with ease and the 3-2 for those with crazy calcium consuption rates. The 3-3 was intended for those who didn't plan to keep it under the tank and wanted a small footprint. Either way, I can make 2 out of it easily enough if there is no interest. The 6-1, 6-2, and 6-3 are next along with some Kalk reactors.

I would try to go even larger diameter than 6....Id try 8 if I were you....I know that high diameter acrylic gets super expensive but I think they would work awesome at that diameter for larger tanks

Thanks guys, the faster I can get these ones sold, the faster I can get the bigger one's built. I figured for nano tanks everyone would want the smaller diameter so it doesn't take up as much room... Did I figure wrong? Is there no demand for the smaller less expensive reactors?

BTW after a rather extensive water test on the 3-1 (one with light blem on the reactor tube) there is a pin hole drip (about a drop every couple mintutes) from the PVC connection under the reactor so it would need to be kept in sump. If someone wants it, 50% off, that $75 bucks plus S&H...

Tried, I can't get to the connection easily so if someone else wants a shot at it, be my guest and save some serious dough!

Wow...

no

WOW!!!!!

Very nice Calvin...I still us those acrylic clam holders for leather frag attachment

and they work great.

After my vacation to Hawaii ( 21st- 3rd of May) Im gonna PM ya with my setup

to see if I need the reactor of kalk setup.

Keep up the great work

Izzue

Archived