Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Taking apart a glass aqaurium

IPv6Freely

How the heck do you take apart a glass aquarium? I've got all the silicone off the inside corners, but i still cant get the damn thing apart. Any suggestions?

I pretty much used a razor and windex. Ended up breaking a pane because it was taking longer than expected and I was getting tired.

Be careful. When my youngest was about 5 years old, he decided to clean out the lizzard habitat they had made out of a 10g aquarium. He turned it over in the sandy S. FL soil & was using his foot to tap the grass off the bottom of the tank. His foot went through with shards sticking into his foot. If he lifted his foot, the glass would close up. If he put it down, it would cut downward. We couldn't get his foot in or out & couldn't move him to take him to the Dr. I finally had to pic the one that was just barely into the skin & let it cut him a bit more as I pushed it down to get his foot out. Not much fun! :o

same as the fishing line or piano wire. I used the finest metal guitar string (#E) and wood to the ends. Cuts silicone like cheese :D

same as the fishing line or piano wire. I used the finest metal guitar string (#E) and wood to the ends. Cuts silicone like cheese :D

Mmmmm.... cheese.

Archived