Innovative Marine Aquariums

2.5gal Sexy Pico

Reef Chicks

Reef Chicks

This tank is about 3 months old. I have been waiting to finish everything on it, which I did yesterday. Opinions and comments welcome.

Equipment:

2.5 gallon AGA aquarium

custom canopy & hood by hogwinslow

azoo palm filter

nano pump (from fragglereef.com)

25w stealth heater

2 x 18w - 10k actinic & 50/50 blue actinic

2 60mm fans

1 blue LED

Livestock:

2 lbs of live sand - mixed Tahitian Moon & Arag Alive

5 lbs Marshall Island live rock

1 red leg hermit crab

2 small turbo snails

3 black turbo snails

5 sexy shrimp

1 green banded clown goby

purple gorgonian fan

encrusting gorgonian

2 kenya trees

feather duster cluster

green leather (?)

6 different zoa morphs

3 paly morphs

6 Florida ricordea (rainbow, green, orange, 3 pink)

2 green mushrooms

neon green gsp

pulsing xenia

Full tank shot

IMG_7979.jpg

FTS - closeup

IMG_8002-1.jpg

Light build

IMG_7974.jpg

Duster cluster

IMG_8019.jpg

Some of the rics & neon green gsp

IMG_7985.jpg

Palys & encrusting gorgonian

IMG_7986.jpg

Kenya trees (I think 2 different kinds)

IMG_8003.jpg

Green leather (id?)

IMG_8018.jpg

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed it... more to come.

keeperofthereef

wow looks great!!!! awesome tank for sure

Need bigger(clearer) pics pls...

Will track this one 4oh shizz

Reef Chicks

Yes, pics are a little small & blurry... still working with the camera settings. Its not easy to photograph sealife! I will post some more soon.

Reef Chicks

I moved some things around and I think its looking much better. I will load pics later tonight. Also, I cant wait till a new 25w heater comes in - the 50w is overkill and overheats the tank a bit.

tank looks great! that "pink gsp/blue xenia" looks like encrusting gorgonian to me. it's pretty hardy and fast growing though, so don't worry. and the "finger leather" is a kenya tree. they grow like crazy and then start popping off babies left and right, so keep it trimmed as it grows. a pair of sharp scissors will do the job, and then you can mount the frags onto pieces of rock rubble and sell/give them away.

Reef Chicks

hummm... I have a Kenya tree (that I just put in there as a matter of fact, its not in the pics) and it looks totally different from that one.

hummm... I have a Kenya tree (that I just put in there as a matter of fact, its not in the pics) and it looks totally different from that one.

there's a couple different kinds of kenya tree. one is like the one you have, and that i had overrunning my tank, and another is purple and less branchy. there is also a green variant of the kind in the picture.

Reef Chicks

LOL (keeperofthereef)... ok everyone, I updated the coral list in the first post & enlarged the pics. Also, I had moved things around a bit and added a couple of things, so I updated the pics too. Sorry, I didn't realize I should have just posted, instead of updating the first thread... I'm such a n00b!

Oh, and thank you all for your comments. I try, I try. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Reef Chicks

Its going great. I have been snapping shots of the sexies (its now a dedicated tank for them) and plan to upload them soon. My sexy reveal... ha ha ha!

Reef Chicks

The lights were gutted from a dual satellite fixture and I retro'd them in, but they are 2 18w bulbs. You can get the whole set up and retro it from Hellolights.

The lights were gutted from a dual satellite fixture and I retro'd them in, but they are 2 18w bulbs. You can get the whole set up and retro it from Hellolights.

What happen to this Tank set up did you upgrade or tore it down I noticed you are selling your tank and lights.

Adolfo

Archived