Coral Vue Hydros

Franks 29g Tank

frankthetank

20Lbs. of Fiji live rock.

Water is still a little murky but I added some floss in the back.

1001844ze1.jpg

Right side.

1001846gn5.jpg

Left side.

1001847yb9.jpg

1001849bh9.jpg

Is the rock ok how it is? Let me know what you think.

Mynameskenny19

is that piece of rock on the top-right stable? it looks like it can be knocked over pretty easily if you were ever adding something or taking something out.

looks pretty good though! you really spent $300?! thats a lot of moolah! :lol:

^hahaha if $300 is alot of money maybe you have found the wrong hobby... my lights alone cost almost 300...

looks like your off to a good start, what are you planning on keeping? fish? corals? mix?

your rock scape skills are just like mine... a pile of rocks, i wish i could get mine to look like some of the reef walls in others tanks... once it fills in with coral who cares anyway...

only advice is go slow and let your tank cycle fully, than your off to the races.. good luck

Ya, I was thinking of moving the stuff on the right, It was hard to see anything in the cloudy water, lol.

Finished my 1g fuge check the link on the first thread for the new pics.

Feb, 27/08 -API Marine test kit.

-PH 8.3

-Ammonia 0ppm

-Nitrite 0ppm

-Nitrate 2ppm

-Temp 79F - 79.9F

-Gravity 1.025

I had cured rock, Could the cycle be over? I tested for Ammonia a couple of days ago, and there was like 00.2 but it was an old seachem test I had lying around from like 2 years ago.

But It looks like I'm good to do a water change, I guess the refuge is doing its thing. Oh and I added chemi-pure to the last chamber too.

I also purchased a Koralia 1 to go with the Koralia nano and the Maxi jet 1200 running the Filter system.(960gph total)

1001906fo1.th.jpg 1001907rz6.th.jpg 1001921bu2.th.jpg 1001916ow9.th.jpg

I know it doesn't look like a lot of rock but the frags from the LFS come attached to pieces of live rock so It will fill in the look a bit.

Should I add a little snail or blue legged hermit crab in a couple of days?. I'm going to keep testing the water. I really like the API test kit I got today, My old ones took forever (Seachem). 30min wait time. I'm starting to see algae growth and the diatoms are pretty much gone with all the new water flow.

-PH 8.3

-Ammonia 0ppm

-Nitrite 0ppm

-Nitrate 2ppm

-Temp 79F - 79.9F

-Gravity 1.025

I found a Pic from my first reef tank. The yellow polyps and that xenia were the first corals I bought for that tank. I had 2 Tomato clowns, and that bubble tip, which split a couple of times later on. This Pic was taken about 6 months after I started that tank on a 1 megapixel camera, lol so it kind of looks crappy.

n514381927_24420_7357.jpg

I hated that skimmer you could see in the back, dam sea clone!

• 1 month later...
frankthetank

Here is an updated pic, I started putting more stuff in, . Hope you like it.

1002624db1.jpg

It's going to be mostly palys zoa's and shrooms

1002601jj4.jpg

But everything is still small frags, It will be fun watching it grow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
frankthetank

So I upgraded the Lights this week to the 4.36w PC upgrade from nanotuners with the fan controller and the better moon lights. And I also built a Auto top off for around $15.

1002976hj7.th.jpg 1002978kx6.th.jpg 1002975gw0.th.jpg

And the ATO!

I used a float valve from a humidifier

ato1vt7.th.jpg ato2if9.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
frankthetank

I add 11 more gallons to my 29g biocube. Here are a few pics.

100_3210.JPG 100_3209.JPG 100_3200.JPG 100_3199.JPG

Tank is not drilled, I built an overflow box.

Archived