SaltCritters.com

glasscages.com

jamesnmandy

I got a 20 gal tall acrylic tank for $55 + $25 shipping for my new sump project, great deal, personalized customer service, you submit an order request and then they call you in person to discuss your order before you pay for it....wonderful, and the packaging was great, there was no way short of falling out of the truck going down the interstate that tank would have gotten damaged!!

check em out next time you want a tank at a good price, they even do custom orders

How much are they paying you? no seriously

i dont know why you say that.....i was searching for a 20 gal tank, wanted acrylic, didnt want to spend the $$ for the ones i found, then i found the glasscages.com site, ordered it, they called the next day, confirmed the order, shipped it, and it's great......

i am gathering from the responses some people have had a less than positive experience...mine was good, thats why i posted it

I got ten bucks on that your tanks are extruded acryic and not cast.

dont care, as long as it doesnt leak, looks good to me, it's a damn sump tank man, not a show tank, my show is a 75 gallon cell cast Tenecor....

I got great service from them. It was probably 5 years ago at a reptile show. Met the guy there and bought the tank there. Nice people to deal with. Apparently the problems have come from calling the office they have and having things delivered. The tank I got from them is the one Harry the hairy crab lives in now. Built well and has lasted this long with no problems.

Sucks everyone else had a bad go of it.

Bill

James you will care when the extruded swells due to the presence of water, cracks because of uv rays from lights. I wasn't nor am I now trying to be a know-it-all. I have dealt with them many times, and have reviewed some of the work that they have done for insurance claims. You have to request cast acrylic from them. This is one of the corners that they choose to cut so they can offer better prices. Once again this was all said in stance of looking out for the fellow Nano Reef members.

James you will care when the extruded swells due to the presence of water, cracks because of uv rays from lights. I wasn't nor am I now trying to be a know-it-all. I have dealt with them many times, and have reviewed some of the work that they have done for insurance claims. You have to request cast acrylic from them. This is one of the corners that they choose to cut so they can offer better prices. Once again this was all said in stance of looking out for the fellow Nano Reef members.

well, for the price, if it lasts even 5 years i wont complain, i am pretty sure for a sump in my stand this will be just fine, and it was better than using the 10 gallon glass tank i had and was going to use to save cash B)

I can't say anything for their smaller tanks, or their acrylic tanks. However, if you want 240 gallons of water on your floor, they are the ones to deal with. Oh yeah, incredibly crappy customer service to boot.

I too have seen allot of complaints but mainly on their glass tanks. Like the edges being all chipped or poor glue jobs. I have never seen anything about them leaking or anything just not great quality work. The fact they are still in buisness must mean someone is happy. for a sump you should have no problem.

Dave

true, I just wanted to pass on the warnings.

Cheers

well you know its funny, i had not heard anything bad from them until after i purchased...

supreme_spork

i can't remember where i read it at the moment, but when i was looking around at tanks i came across a long and detailed thread some guy -- who seemed reasonable and not like a nutjob -- posted detailing his entire interaction with the glasscages.com people, including transcripts of the verbal abuse he received when he complained and the really obnoxious emails he received when he tried to get a refund for his broken tank.

i think the only company i've heard worse things about over the years is aquacon. :o

well you know its funny, i had not heard anything bad from them until after i purchased...

so you've been here for a year and missed one of the most bumped threads in general discussion?: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=glasscages.com

Although, in your case, as long as it holds water long-term, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if it looks spectacular or horrible (you may have averted much of this had you mentioned that to begin with ;))

shred - there are always people willing to take a risk to get something cheaper. The fact that they remain in business is most likely because of that.

(just for reference, I lived an hour from their production facilities - and the locals wouldn't touch their products. If the locals won't use them, there has to be an issue).

supreme_spork
so you've been here for a year and missed one of the most bumped threads in general discussion?

ah, thanks -- that's the thread i was talking about. :)

My uncle got a 300G tank from them about 6 months ago, he picked it up from a show they were attending. The damn thing didn't even survive the cycle! He had it up for about 3 weeks before one of the sides broke loose and flooded his living room. When he called they laughed at him, hung up, and blocked his phone number. I wouldn't even but a sheet of acrylic from them...

I know of people who picked up tanks from them and the silicone was still wet. Glass cages told them to let the tank set for a few weeks to let the silicone cure before they filled it with water. Dshnarw. Thanks for posting that link. I had looked for it, but could not come up with it.

Archived