Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Vann's 30g Breeder College Reef

VannReefer87

Well, being down at York has made me really miss my fish at home....I'm always concerned about my clownfish and my favorite corals so I figured at might as well just set-up a tank in my own apartment!

Equipment is as follows:

-30g Breeder (AGA)

-CPR Backpack/Refugium Combo

-36'' Nova Extreme Pro (6x39w) w/ UV bulb combo

-150w Stealth Heater

-2 MJ 900's w/ mods (1200gph each)

Livestock:

-40lbs of live rock from old tanks....

-2 WC Oynx Clowns

-Golden Angel

-5 Bar Mystery Wrasse

-various Micros and lords

-SPS frags/mini colonies

Ok here are the pics after 2 weeks....

Start up:

IMG_1210.jpg

Lights:

IMG_1215.jpg

Tank a week later w/ only 2 bulbs running:

IMG_1225.jpg

The inhabitants:

IMG_1229.jpg

FTS on table:

IMG_1231.jpg

Oh the potential....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woohoo!!! another 30b!

great aquascaping (as if it could be bad with that tank)!

how are you liking that light fixture? I'm thinking about switching to T5s on mine.

thanks guys, I love the fixture...a bit over-kill perhaps but really nice....when I run just 2 bulbs the tank is really bright

yo man, I love the fixture..and the UV bulbs are awesome!...Onyx clowns are the best, I'd def. recommend them.

Today: I turned on my 2nd MJ Mod, wow there is a lot of flow in there...are clowns ok in high flow?

yo man, I love the fixture..and the UV bulbs are awesome!...Onyx clowns are the best, I'd def. recommend them.

Today: I turned on my 2nd MJ Mod, wow there is a lot of flow in there...are clowns ok in high flow?

yeah, they're fine.. I had a couple in my 15g with 1200gph flow. They stayed near their host anemone more in high flow (which I liked anyway).

haha thanks everyone...the eggcrate is on top.....helps with some evaporation against the light shield, I use it just to keep the clowns (that bite!) from escaping! lol

• 3 weeks later...

just picked up about 6 new pieces for the tank....

-Cali Tort

-Tri color Milli (hot pink/blue tips/green base)

-Red/Green Milli

-Blue Milli

-Tricolor Acro

-Small colony of Mohawk Palys

-unknown green/blue with yellow polyp acro....

-purple monti cap

pics hopefully by tomorrow!! :happydance:

-red monti cap

Ok update time!...Good some new goodies from some great reefers 8)

all 6 bulbs running....

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Refugium shot...sorry I couldn't do better, camera is to big to fit behind it...I'll get a top down shot next time...

IMG_1285.jpg

Actinic pics...

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

As you can see I need to figure out my camera a little more so I don't get so much blue wash out...

P.S. Things are blurry because I just got done putting the new stuff in and stirred up a little junk....

I dig the new corals. I am a big fan of the huge birds nest and the montis. One question though, what kind of fish is in the first set of new pics? Keep up the good work, i am a fan of your tanks.

haha..thanks guys....the fish in the first pic is a princess anthias...growing it out in this tank..then it'll go in my parents 120 when it grows up

Yeah glen, I'm going to have to step it up around here.....I got these "mohawk palys" from a friend, and I think they morphed into something crazyier...i'll post pics tommorow

• 3 weeks later...
VannReefer87

here are some updated pics of my tank...I need to replace one of my Aquasun bulbs with a bluer bulb to make colors "pop" more, growth is nice but my tank is only 12'' deep I always like some color...

tank..IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

VannReefer87

thanks man, Yeah I just got the little guy...so far he's been a model citizen, swims around picking on the back glass and on the rocks and gets along fine with the clowns. The angel and the algae blenny follow each other around picking all day....

Archived