Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

plainrt

a little life in my 14 gal bio setup.This is my first saltwater setup so i am learning as im going.

I have a clean up crew of some asst hermits,stwawberry crab,some asst snails.2 pencil urchins which im not sure about......I think there messing up my rocks lol and might get rid of soon.

Mvc-004s-1.jpg

Mvc-008s.jpg1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks cool! I like the rock work.

thanks,its the best i could do lol.the lfs didnt have much choice in lr.im hoping i can get some shrooms to strat spreading and covering up some of the areas of rock i dont like. ;)

your tank looks great... urchins are strong little buggers if your rocks are moved around that your culprit... are you going to let your tank grow out or are you planning on adding more?

yeah they like to mess things up lol.time to bust out more glue.I just started to add things.the cleanup crew has been in maybe 3 weeks now and im just working on adding corals now.I want to add a bunch more.There is a local frag swap in less then 2 weeks so i plan to spend a decent amount of cash there.I want lots of mushies in this thing also.I figure end of feb or so ill add fish i want a black clown and the other half wants a reg one.

• 2 weeks later...

so heres an update.I added a kenya,some zoa's and a yellow watchman but he a little shy yet.He hides in his cave alot.I will get a pic one day when i feed him. :D

I did have one loss the other day.Im not sure what caused it but i found my bigger hermit attacking one of my big snails.In the end the snail was dead but not sure if the hermit killed him to try to take over the shell but soon as i saw this i ran to the lfs for some hermit shells.In less then ten min he was in a new shell. :angry:

Mvc-018s-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

got two clowns last week and figure would try to get a pic of them today.Glass needs to be cleaned.Everything is really starting to grow in this thing now.

nemo.jpg

some more pics.And i know someone will say something about the flame.....I did read up on them and he does get his special diet.

100_0045.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0048.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well its 6 months old now added the sunpod and made a custom cover cause didnt want open top on it with the sunpod.... and a mj1200 to move some water around.Not sure whats next but would like to try a hard coral.Tank is just growing away nowdays.

100_0102.jpg

100_0094.jpg

100_0105.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Tank looks great!

i am getting a biocube that size and setting up my live rock in a similar fashion. How much live rock do you have?

I wanna say i started with 19lbs or so and added maybe 3more lbs.I Also have the bioballs out and lr in there also and some in with my pump.

BustytheSnowMaam

Look really good! Like the b/w paired with the orange clown. The little green toadie has grown a lot too. Are your mushrooms making a comeback after all? Did your rock color up a little more? In the first pics it doesn't look as purple.

I WANT THAT BIG STRIPED HERMIT, I LOVE THOSE! :wub:

Look really good! Like the b/w paired with the orange clown. The little green toadie has grown a lot too. Are your mushrooms making a comeback after all? Did your rock color up a little more? In the first pics it doesn't look as purple.

I WANT THAT BIG STRIPED HERMIT, I LOVE THOSE! :wub:

That toadie is really growing now.I love my black clown he is a bit off lol.Some baby purples were showing up in my sand but then upgraded pump to a mj 1200 and they are mia now.I do have a few coming back on my lr.One of my rics has another mouth now so that made my day.Sorry i got rid of that big hermit long ago before you said you liked them with that pencil urchin.......He was a pest but he was very busy all the time.I think i have a smaller stripped one would have to look lol.Rock is getting little better but not as much as would like.Wish i could get some better pics but cant figure out this cam.

• 4 weeks later...

it is a painted shell,Lol and the biocube tank is a pos,cant wait to find another tank to transfer my stuff into.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BustytheSnowMaam

Free bump! :P

This tank is exceptionally beautiful, pics don't do it justice. Everything looks so healthy. If you want to go SPS, do you have a skimmer?

Free bump! :P

This tank is exceptionally beautiful, pics don't do it justice. Everything looks so healthy. If you want to go SPS, do you have a skimmer?

Thanks i try to keep this thing well kept.The 7 or 8 months its been going now have gone quite well only loss has been them purple mushrooms and a few hermits that have got stuck,oh and the pepermint shrimps that got ate by hungry star.Other then that all has gone well

i was doing research on a small one,but think gonna keep away.might just try a monti up top and that would be it for sps.I just got this brain and a few small orange rics.Oh and tash when i get in town to drop that towel off ill trade you that sand star for some lose purple shrooms lol.Dont want the green ones to take over would much rather have purple lol.

few recent pics,some day il figure out settings on this cam.

100_0234.jpg

100_0227.jpg

100_0237.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0242.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0245.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
it is a painted shell,Lol and the biocube tank is a pos,cant wait to find another tank to transfer my stuff into.

What does POS mean? I thought I almost figured it out...

Archived