inTank Media Baskets

My 30g Cube!

b_c_fisher

Here's some pictures of my 30 Gallon Oceanic Cube Tank. Been up and running for 4 months now. Has alot of different corals in it with 7 fish yes thats right 7 and about 45 lbs of live rock. Fish include Purple Firefish, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, Chalk Bass, Cherub Angel, Springeri Dottyback and a Yellow Headed Sleeper Goby(who's bigger and meaner and might be leaving for a yellow watchman). Let me know what you think. Only problem I have with it is a hair algae growth that wont go away.

Water stats are Sal:1.026 Temp:76-79 Amm:0 Nitri:0 Nitra:0 Phos:0 Calc:430.

It's got a combined gph overturn of 1100gph and tht includes the AC110 Refugium, Fluval 305(empty cept chemical) and 2 powerheads. Also I have a Nano Fission Skimmer that's working wonders.

Lighting comes in the way of 1 150w 10K MH and 2 65w Actinic 03 PCs. Hope you like it. I keep it cool with computer fans NO CHILLER and I'm in AZ!

P1010200.jpg

P1010205.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010215.jpg

P1010202.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010217.jpg

+1 on the scape. How big is you CUC?

Just a noob here but I would add more snails and shorten light schedule.

Yeah i see a bit of algae but otherwise a beautiful tank.

Wow thanks guys. Personally none of my aquascapes ever look even close to 75% of what I want them to be but I guess I need to chill on that everyone here and in my family and friends says they're awesome. Eh guess it's all about the eye of the beholder. But anyways I'm pretty new to saltwater to and don't know what CUC means *laughing at self* but if you let me know I'll definately be able to answer. Oh and about the snails I can't get em to live. I've got 3 blue leg hermits, 3 red leg reef hermits and an emerald crab plus over 2000 "pods" livin in there. If you have any other specific questions lemme know. Also looking for more SPS frags know anywhere good?

Hahahahaha I had the same damned problem when I set mine up I finally took one and cut it into thirds and I use one and a third of the sponge o's to make it not bubble but then you gotta watch that you're getting enough air into the powerhead or else it overflows REAL quick I have a air pump hooked up to mine as the stock line got clogged after a week.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
JerseyChick
You need probably about 5 hermits, ditch the turbo and get astreas hell start knockin over your frags. on astreas about 5

I have 1 mexican turbo, 2 astreas, and 2 nassarius in a 14 gallon, and honestly I HATE my astreas, they don't do sh_it except grow algea on their shellls. My turbo may be larger but if the frags are mounted properly there shouldn't be an issue.

Again: I HATE Astrea snails

Been here for awhile have a 40 now just no camera to update on here will as soon as I have $ again to get one. But I have 3 Red Legged Mexican Hermits, 10 Astreas and 2 Nassarius and I love em all plus the Pepermint Shrimp and 2 Emerald Crabs. It all works well together.

And Kraylen I'll get pics of the Chalk Bass as soon as I get the new Camera.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fisson nano skimmer=fail.

(I ran them before, they are Junk.)

7 fish in a 30 gallon is a bit much buddy. thats a pretty hefty bioload.

(granted I'm a bigger fan of one or 2 fish for a tank, IMO)

I'd probably pick up some more snails and cut back the light to take care of the algae.

thats my imput, hope ya don't hate me now.

o final note, your aquaclear mod is super sweet... jealous!

All probs solved moved to a 40BR with a 400W Halide, Boyu 308 Skimmer and a whole lot more. BTW had a background salt creep sucks! Painted the 40 it works better. 7 fish was never a prob. The algae cured itself about a month before the swap and my Fissions still running awesome on my 20L frag tank as the only skimmer. It's more of a Fission Nano Mod Skimmer

• 3 months later...

Lol waiting to do the build thread on it it's taking time 1st one broke before I could make a thread for it and I don't want an UBER long thread like Nanoty or Glenn lol. I want to get everything moved again and then I'll post a big long post and everyone will be in awe lol.

• 1 month later...

Jan 9 was your last post. I know you have some new pics. Please stop holding out. Don't make me drive over and snap some pics through the window!!! I don't want to get arrested for being a Peeping Reefer :o . Post a pic of that Sun Coral that we will be getting off of you.

Archived