SaltCritters.com

KRAYOLA!

Krayon

Hey everyone i have made a new thread beccause it was very messy and unorinized. so as you know i recently got a new tank, a 24 gal AP, i set it up last night(but i had LR and LS cycling in another tank for about 4 wks, and already expierenced a diatom bloom). i took out all the orignal filter media that came with the tank, and upgraded the stock pump with an mj 1200, the lights are on a coralife timer, in the tank i have 20lbs of LS and 23 lbs of somewhat cycled fiji LR. more info soon

Supplies

MJ 1200

Hydor Wave maker

Coralife timer

Chemi pure(added only when needed)

purigen(added only when needed)

23lbs of fiji lr

20 lbs of LS

A kordola nano or 1

eggcrate

more info soon...

Future livestock

Fish

1 sixline wrasse (ive decided against it)

1 purple firefish

1 shrimp goby

1 or 2 yellow clown gobies(because theyre so small)

Coral

GSP

Candycane

Variouse Zoas and Mushrooms

Trumpet Coral

more info soon...

Inverts/CUC

4 super tonga nass

4 trochus snails (speling??)

3-4 blue legged hermits

2 nerite snails

1 pep. shrimp

1 pistol shrimp(which 1 is undecided)

---------------------------------------------

Ok so i am going to add my fish in this order

ok so i think i chose exactly the fish i would like to have.

1. the purple firefish(dartfish)

6wza9n5.jpg

2. Yellow Watchman goby

6o2tyr5.jpg

+ a pistol shrimp

728xe6o.jpg

3. Yellow Clown Goby

6tcszll.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

My lighting cycle will be

Antics 11AM-9PM , White lights 12PM-7PM, and moon lights on 24/7

----------------------------------------------------

PICS

Aquascape/FTS

728bmzb.jpg

Left View

7xweiio.jpg

Right View

8eqh56b.jpg

Well thats all i have for now, ill update soon :happy: , so please tell me what you think, ill accept all comments, good or bad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job removin the sponges you should use filter floss instead i did and it works great! You can just get polyester fiber at walmart. btw the rock work looks horrible in my mind. Good luck! :D

Good job removin the sponges you should use filter floss instead i did and it works great! You can just get polyester fiber at walmart. btw the rock work looks horrible in my mind. Good luck! :D

thanks, ya i no the rockework is horrid, havnt worked on the aquascape yet cuz the water was milky for a couple hrs, i think i might as well work on my aquascape now, ill have pics when im happy with my new scape.

The second try at the aquascaping is much better. Looks more natural now.

thanks, i like it much more then the last 1, it give me alot of caves and open space.

new scape looks better but i think it needs mor height imo.

hmm your right....well back to scaping, do you think i should go for the cove look or the mountin look?

thanks everybody, so the LR and LS i put in the tank were already cycling in a 20 gal tank wit 48 wat lights,heater, and maxijet 900. it was in there for 4 wks and i already had a diatom bloom in the other tank, so should i expect a shorter cycle, if any cycle at all?

#4 is the best of them. It is hard to find just the right scape. I feel like I want to change mine every day, and have to talk myself out of it. :D If I had smaller rocks I would, but I have huge chunks, making it harder to work with.

Oh, sorry (I forgot to answer the question.) I think rock formation #4., but make the left side higher, and maybe scatter some rock ruggle towards the base of the structure. (Have some zoas growing towards the bottom, on the rubble, and bottom of rock, and have sps occupying the entire top 3/4's of the tank, growing upwards. The zoas and sps (I think), would compliment each other nicely.) :)

• 1 month later...

well i have not updated my thread in a while so i thought i mite as well tell you what has changed, my cycle has been over for about 3 weeks, with that said i have added my CUC, 1 purple firefish, and 2 frags from my other tank. I currently only have a small colony of playtho and a frag of xenia. i will have pics as soon as i can find my camera.

ok now for my question, i have been interested in getting a "neon green short tentical plate coral" from my LFS (its about 2 inches). i have done reserch on tis specific type of plate coral and think it would be perfect for my tank because of the wide open space in the middle of my tank. what are the pros and cons of this coral?

EDIT: link for plate coral - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1925

well, just got through testing evrything, its all down to 0, except my nitrite is 35 ppm

What test kit are you using? Mine doesn't even read higher than 5ppm :angry:

Scape #4 is good. It will get even better once you start modding the look with corals :)

Archived