Top Shelf Aquatics

My 15g tank(only fish)

FishNemo

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously, the maximum amount of fish in a 15g would be 2-3 MAX. these being small fish mind you, rabbitfish arent easy fish, and are far too freeswimming and grow WAY too large for that small a tank. also, the damsel will be a bully as it grows, get it out. the clown is ok, i recommend taking the dottyback back (no pun intended) the rabbitfish, and the damsel, get either a firefish or some goby, even a cardinal.also, have you ever heard of youtube? i know its considerate for all those asians we have on this site, but how bout something we can read.

Wow. I wouldn't have thought you could get that many in there completely by accident is that supposed to be a joke? Is there even enough LR in there for the 2-3 small fish that you could keep?

Thank you for all your advice.

The fish have lived in the tank more than 6 weeks. They eat so much food that I have to change 85% water every month. Now they all keep health.

Thank you for all your advice.

The fish have lived in the tank more than 6 weeks. They eat so much food that I have to change 85% water every month. Now they all keep health.

We are being punked right? Ashton were are you?

We are being punked right?

I'm sorry for my word make you have some misunderstanding.

Of course five fish is too many for a small home tank. So I have to change plenty of water every month.

There is a 65g tank in the living room(discus and plant).

FM6AZ4DPIQ_204_500_320.jpg

But I am not intend to change it into marine tank.

In fact, the density in piscicuture is far more higher than that in my tank (not only clown fish but also other marine fish include which is for food.) because easy fish can put up with much more NO3(50-100mol/L) than reef(under 30mol/L).

There are only fish no any reef in my tank. And rabbit damsel and clown are all easy fish.(Rabbit catched in Indonesia is difficult to breed because they are catched by poison)

copy your word and the same return to you .

hmm, the word twit comes to mind. did you do any research?

did you do any research ?or read any article about these fish ? or breed all these fish? I did do them all.

not only clown ,damsel but also most of tang, rabbit are all easy fish.They can live in a little high NO3 tank. If NO3 in your tank is never more than 20mol/L(that is you have no experience breed these fish in high NO3.why do you assure they can't live ? ) the word twit comes to my mind.

How long have you had all of those fish in there?

you can know it when you read post 1. :)

If the system had some problem because of too many fish,The problem should had appeared within first month.

Uhm... Nemo fish guy ... dude..

Seriously... It's not just about the quality of your water - I understand you are doing 85% water changes but the space you provided and the water volume you have is simply insufficient for all of those fish. You are headed down a road for dissaster. If this is some kind of joke - it isn't even funny and if you are for real, listen to what those before me have told you over and over again, take some fish back to the store.

this has GOT to be a joke.

if youre serious, then you obviously arent as versed in reefkeeping as you'd like us to believe. there's nothing you can say to assure us that your setup is anywhere NEAR a proper or healthy setup, and even though you insist on believing it yourself, youre wrong. period.

you have 5+ fish in that 15g tank, youre doing almost 100% water changes per month, and you think that because problems didnt arise in the first month that everything must be ok? between the extreme overstocking, and huge water changes (which are probably causing SERIOUS stress to your livestock,) youre absolutely shortening the lives of your fish. you clearly have no idea what long-term success in this hobby means. keeping all those fish in a 15g for 6 months is nowhere NEAR long-term success. i'm sure many of us could keep a tang in a 10g alive for 6 months.... is that any indicator of our skill, or does that prove that it's a success? absolutely not. all youre proving is that you can keep animals alive in a cruel environment, and justify to yourself that you somehow "know" that it's ok.

i'd put your reefkeeping skills on par with your english, and i'm guessing that pretty much everyone here will agree.

water changes and good parameters in your water have nothing to do with the fact that THERE IS NO WAY YOUR FISH COULD BE EVEN REMOTELY HAPPY IN THAT SMALL A SPACE. the fact that they are easy and hardy only apply if you give them a good living area. you should only be keeping 2-3 fish, none of which should be a rabbitfish or tangs, or any damsels beside yellowtails or chromi. please, stick with nano fish!!!!

Archived