inTank Media Baskets

Change is inevitable

spanko

Some change history on my tank started 07-Jan-07. 29 gallon Bio-Cube.

07-Jan-07

PICT0005.jpg

09-Feb-07

fullfrontal.jpg

04-Mar-07

fulltank2-1.jpg

04-Apr-07

FullTankShot.jpg

07-May-07

PICT0059-1.jpg

11-Jun-07

fulltank11jun07.jpg

25-Jul-07

25-jul-07fts.jpg

On June 17th I installed the 4.36 lighting upgrade. Now have 2 36 watt 10k daylight and 2 36 watt actinics.

Glad you changed up the rock. It was suxor.

Progressions shots are just awesome to see...not only to see the progression of the corals and tank but also to see how your mind works over time (aquascaping,etc).

LostinWater

Spanko, tank looks great. It is nice to see the progress over time. Do you notice that coral are growing better with the lighting upgrade?

So far the only one I really notice it in is the monti-cap in the center at the back and the small acro branch frag looks like it is getting some white growth bumps on it.

chaostactics

You totally cinched it for me, with the sand I've always wondered what the mix would look like... glad I didn't the rest of your tank looks nice. Looks like over time you've lost more corals than you've added.

What happed to the yellow grogoian?

Lost corals that I had no business putting in with the stock lighting. A favia, a poritie, an acro that I still have one branch of that looks to be growing under the new light. and the gorgonian I did not do enough research on. The LFS told me it was photosynthetic, but it turns out according to wetwebmedia.com that it was not.

Yeah the problem with the mixed aragonite is that the black parts are larger than the white ones and over time the white migrates to the bottom.

Shot these pics in manual mode with the flash instead of auto.

FTS

FTS.jpg

Yuma

Yuma.jpg

Trixie and Norton

TrixieandNorton.jpg

Torch

Torch-2.jpg

Monti

Monti.jpg

Toadstool

Leather.jpg

Fox

fox.jpg

Darth the Blue Assessor

darth.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the last one better, but it still looks good.

Sucks to see the gorgonian wither away like that, but I would've tried it too, it was gorgeous.

Hey VicSkimmer, you have been around for a while, 4300 plus posts, have you ever tried a gorg? If yes, any success at it. I continue to read that they are extremely hard to have survive let alone thrive because we don't know enough about them. I am thinking I will try a photosynthetic one next even if they are not as colorful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Your tank looks AWSOME hope to get mne to look like yours......

Thank you for opening this tread. Here are some pics from Saturday.

Toadstool Leather

toadstoolleather.jpg

Torch

torch-3.jpg

Superman Monti

supermanmonti.jpg

Rics and Shrooms

ricyumashroom.jpg

Red Monti, Yellow Slimer, Xenia

redmontiyellowslimerxenia.jpg

Orange Monti

orangemonticap.jpg

Yeah that's right, I GOT A NEW DERASA< CAN YOU SAY CLAM>>>>>

derasa-1.jpg

And a FTS

fts-2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, just changed my bulb configuration. 144 watt nanotuners but now have....

light one in front 50\50

light two going back 10k

light three actinic

light four 10k

I have to figure out how to set the camera for the white level. But you get the idea.

Thank you for the original compliment.

Huh? The clowns are both still there. Look in the upper right corner under the Koralia. But are they Clarkii's? They were sold as and I thought they were tank raised occy's.

nice tank,I am just starting my BC29. Bought a Sapphire skimmer on clearance at a LFS, but when I got it home, I found it was missing the pump. Can you tell me the brand or power of the pump you have on yours?

Thanks,

Alan :)

Archived