Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zen Garden

Duncan

All right, guys... I have an extra rack in my tank stand. And so I got myself another 20g to fill the void.

Equipments:

20g tank (cheapo 2nd hand tank)

Ehiem external canister 2222

Jebo Clip-on PL light 13W 6500K

Livestock:

1/2" Domino damsel x 1

1" Trochus snails x 2

1" Electric blueleg hermit x 2

& 1 bag of live feeder mollies

Rocks:

Some live rock with macros

Well, since this is FOWLR... so I'm keeping it simple... so I might as well do a true zen garden with it.

Pics speak a thousands words... so, less explaining, more pics! ;)

Right island

DSCF0182.jpg

Left island

DSCF0183.jpg

The Two Islands

DSCF0185.jpg

Sand raked as rippling water

DSCF0189.jpg

Side view

DSCF0176.jpg

Straight FTS

DSCF0180.jpg

Tiled FTS

DSCF0179.jpg

Cheapo actinic with blue transparency. (50/50 in display, slide accordingly for dusk/dawn/night/noon effect... lol)

DSCF0201.jpg

Feeder mollies are dumped in without acclimating. None has died yet, except for one (killed by domino), and are eating pellets.

Okay... that's all for now. :blush:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The raking of the sand is too much! I love it. If only it would stay that way. And if you could somehow get a little koi pond in there between the two islands you'd be the man.

wow!

that looks REALLY good!

good job!

it reminds me of my 2 mollies that lived in my pico reef. unfortunatly they got sucked up into the filter and died shortly after

Nice look. The two islands are sweet.

Thanks, SoCal Reefer!

The raking of the sand is too much! I love it. If only it would stay that way. And if you could somehow get a little koi pond in there between the two islands you'd be the man.

Glad you like it, jimbofromfrag. The sand stays pretty much that way, except the flow blows 1 small area bare of sand.

And how am I going to put koi in the pond? hee hee

wow.

u rule.

:happy: Thanks, adin!

wow!

that looks REALLY good!

good job!

it reminds me of my 2 mollies that lived in my pico reef. unfortunatly they got sucked up into the filter and died shortly after

Thanks, Fishfreak218! Mollies are pretty hardy for sure... I basically dumped in the whole bag of mollies (not too sure what I was thinking at that moment! :lol: ) I was relieved that the bunch are okay.

I better wrap up my pump intake tonight!

wow, that is soo cool :)

Thanks, travisurfer!

sweet looking tank

Thanks, DudE31!

But erm, guys...

No one commented how overstocked my tank is? I got 80+ (I assumed) mollies in there! And seriously, I can't tell if this is a sw tank until I tasted the water!

Haha, I bet the anemone is going to double its size by 1 month, with the molly buffet feast!

soloskillz, thanks! This 'great' idea isa result of a poor man's tank. I got only a couple of tiny rocks, and 1 big bag of dead sand. This is what I do, to hide the fact I got no $$ to spend on rocks! :lol:

echo-bravo 4-19, I could add a plastic bonsai tree though! heehee

Maco, I got no money for fancy mini rake. I did it with chopstick, quick and easy!

Hahaha i was thinking about doing something like this a month or two ago.... Nice pictures, may have to consider doing an asian type aquarium too...

A school of cardinals would be wayyyyy cooler than mollies. [Dont want people thinking it's a freshwater tank, cmon man!]

marinedepotlive_1921_25764676.jpg

p_90102.jpg

pw77919striped_cardinal.jpg

6985385579064504847C8DA5912A62C9S.jpg

There were some AWESOME cardinals posted on here a few months ago, I wish I could remember where they were, they looked even cooler than these.

Cool tank, definitly go for the bonzai tree maybe a little fiserman statue, nice work

Thanks... I got an idea how to place the tree, but I can't seems to find any in my lfs. Haha

Inspired!

Now let's see if you can KISS

KISS? :huh: pardon me, I don't get it. Thks for the comments!

how about a moai :P

I got enough moai-s for 1 tank! lol

Hahaha i was thinking about doing something like this a month or two ago.... Nice pictures, may have to consider doing an asian type aquarium too...

Thanks... trust me, asian reef tanks is pretty much the same as the big tanks in RC.com, at least in Singapore. Mine is more like a sw tank disguised as a fw tank!

well thanks to you i have found out what im going to do for a nice relaxing aquarium

Haha, sorry that I have make you start another tank (hope the gf/wife don't kill you for that!)! I'd love to see it when it's done!

A school of cardinals would be wayyyyy cooler than mollies. [Dont want people thinking it's a freshwater tank, cmon man!]

There were some AWESOME cardinals posted on here a few months ago, I wish I could remember where they were, they looked even cooler than these.

Wow! Nice cardinals... It's a pity that I can't have them! They will be slaughtered by my little beasty domino!

Anyway, I've scooped out most of the mollies. They made the tank looked like a marketplace, swimming everywhere. Totally not zen-like!

Now, it's peace at last... lol

Archived