SaltCritters.com

Sapphire Aquatics HOB Refugium...looking for a review..reccomendations?

Mr Ha Ha

hi all

im considering the sapphire aquatics hob 18" refugium for my NC24.

just wondering if anyone has purchased this refugium and can offer some insight into quality of the pump, light and overall performance..esp if overflows have occured.

pics would be greatly appreciated! i do have Kyle's skimmer and it works very well.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
yea I'm looking into the same thing. Hopefully people have some input on this product

well i just picked this refuge up and will post ideas and thoughts when i have everythign setup.

currently kyle is building a few of them so i may not receive this until next week. i have a few lbs of LR to buy and am currently researching sand/mud etc..halimeda and chaeto going into the fuge...

should be fun!

I know this product is brand new so I do not expect too many reveiws from people. I am actually awaiting the release of the 14" version.

If it is anything like his protein skimmers then I wouldn't worry

Good Luck with it.

i have had one running for 4 weeks now... all i can say is GREAT design and quality product. thumbs up for kyle and www.sapphireaquatics.com

i have had one running for 4 weeks now... all i can say is GREAT design and quality product. thumbs up for kyle and www.sapphireaquatics.com

i should be getting my 18' refugium today.

glad i got it before the 25% off ended!

i should be getting my 18' refugium today.

glad i got it before the 25% off ended!

Got it last night!.

kyle packaged everything very well.

the refugium was constructed extremely well with quality acrylic.

after install...which was pretty basic, i only have one issue with this refugium.

for those who are thinking about buying this product and who have an nc24, there is a spacing issue with the return valve going back into the refugium from the pump provided. i will provide pics later so that this will be a little clearer. i may have to do a little dremeling (if thats a word) to make ample space for the nozzle.

I am very interested to see how this looks and works, please keep me posted.

ok got some pics..sorry for the seriously long delay!

dremmeled the edge

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture040.jpg

so far no leaks..which is a really good thing. i placed an extra pump in the refuge to give the chaeto some decent flow.

I have the fuge and skimmer combo and it rocks. It is well constructed and my cheato is going nutz. I like the media chamber in it where I have my purigen and chemipure. I am totally satisfied with it and I love the skimmer, it works better than other nano skimmer on the market, nothing is even close.

Me and a friend both have them. It' a very cool piece of equipment. I cant get over how quiet it is with a Rio 800 pushing the flow(And it gets alot too!!)

• 2 months later...
I have the fuge and skimmer combo and it rocks. It is well constructed and my cheato is going nutz. I like the media chamber in it where I have my purigen and chemipure. I am totally satisfied with it and I love the skimmer, it works better than other nano skimmer on the market, nothing is even close.

And have you tried all the others on the market? I would be willing to be you havent. I can bet you it doesnt come close to the tunze nano.

coral_addict
And have you tried all the others on the market? I would be willing to be you havent. I can bet you it doesnt come close to the tunze nano.

Haha. Good point. Best in the market to some = I found one that works. Pretty strong statement there, As long as they r happy, let's not kill their dreams since it's good $$ they spent. I heard the Nano Fission is the best on the Market! I still have it's pump that I now use for mixing Salt to prove it. =)

• 4 weeks later...

bump..thinking about switching to the sapphire and looking for some update info. anyone have issues with microbubbles? and does this fit an AP24g?

• 4 months later...
DogfoodEnforcer
bump..thinking about switching to the sapphire and looking for some update info. anyone have issues with microbubbles? and does this fit an AP24g?

they make one for the AP24.

i just got my AP24 and im sure that the tunze nano wont fit in the second chamber like i was hoping. im looking for any more input on the sapphire aquatics HOB fuge/skimmer combo? any updates?

DogfoodEnforcer

i measured the back of my Aquapod 24 because i wanted to get the tunze nano. but it isnt wide enough. about 1/2-1" too narrow :(

ive ordered the Sapphire aquatics fuge/skimmer combo because it seemed to suit my needs. still waiting to hear back from Kyle on when it will be shipped out though.

Archived