Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nUgZ's 10g Frag

nUgZ

I switched everything from my 10 gallon reef over to this 10 gallon frag tank. The tank the reef was in had a leak for several months now and I got tired of monitoring the salinity so much. Here is a link to the original reef.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...c=69100&hl=

Here are a few pics of the tank with the light from the reef. These are under a Current Orbit 2x40 watt PC fixture. Great light.

Acanthastrea subechinata

CopyofSubechinata.jpg

Assorted Zoanthids/Palythoa

CopyofPinks.jpg

More Zoanthids/Palythoa including some Radioactive Dragon Eyes

CopyofRDE.jpg

Some Acropora

Copyofacros.jpg

Enjoy.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the process of setting up a new system including a 33 cube I got at the PETCO sale. I got a good deal on a Coralife Aqualight with a 150 watt halide and 2x65 watt actinics. Great light. I'm very pleased. It came with two bulbs, the 10k that came with the fixture and a Hamilton 14k that has about two months left on it. The 10k is QUITE bright but the color is nice under the 14k. It's a good bit on the blue side I would say...almost as much as many 20k's I've seen. I'm going to use the 14k for a couple of months and then go to the 10k until it's done. The light will be on the 10 gallon until the 33 cube is ready. Here are some pics under the 14k.

Green Favites

CopyofGreenBrain.jpg

Euphyllia divisa

CopyofFrogspawn.jpg

Montipora digitata with Zoanthids/Palythoa

CopyofMisc1.jpg

Acropora and Stylophora

Copyofacros2.jpg

Assorted SPS

CopyofAcrosMontis.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes and Electric Greens under the Moonlights

CopyofMoonlights.jpg

FTS

CopyofFragFTS.jpg

I'm very pleased with it. Only problem is I'm having to acclimate my corals quite slowly. 4 hours a day with the halides and slowly up from there. I'm going to go with an extra 30 minutes every 4 days.

Deleted User 7

Very impressive and organized! Love this prop tank. I'm waiting to see what kind of comments the propagator leaves, I'm sure he'll love this one. Well done!

need to sub to this thread so that i can follow the updates. i really like the light too. when i was first setting up a tank i was going for a 29gal and wanted to get that light but had to go with the nc since i didnt have the 400 for the light.

nice tank

ADAM

Thanks addam & Daggett. This is nothing close to the propagator's tank, but I hope he'll approve. I would definitely recommend the light. Like I said before I got a great deal on it or I wouldn't have been able to convince the wife. Women love sales!! I realized I never posted specs of the tank other than the light. Here goes.

10 gallon AGA

Coralife Aqualight Pro 24" 150 watt halide, 2x65 watt actinic PC

Visi-Therm Stealth 50 watt heater(this is the best heater ever)

AquaClear 110 HOB filter filled with LR/rubble and carbon

3 Maxi-Jet 400 powerheads on Natural Wavemaker

2 Coralife Digital Thermometers to compensate for the accuracy

I do a 30-40% water change once a week. I use Seachem Marine Buffer in my top-off water. I use Seachem Reef Builder every 3 days for Alk. I use Seachem Reef Complete everyday for Calcium except the days I use Reef Builder. I feed a couple NLS pellets throughout the day if I'm home. I feed cyclopeeze a couple times a week. I spot feed mysis and enriched brine to my LPS and Ricordia.

newjerseynano

very nice nugz i really love ur tanks and this one is the above and beyond my expectations. love the three shelf and the LIGHT! :bowdown: my friend has one and its hella bright, im jealous even with my 150w hamilton. good job hope all goes well fraggin. :)

Thanks a lot jersey. I really appreciate it. The shelfs are nice space wise but with the tank being small, it's a little hard to reach under the bottom shelf. Other than that I'm thrilled with the setup. Just wait till the 33 cube is ready. It's gonna be sick I tell you...SICK!!!

nice setup! I would really like a frag of some of the pinks (and maybe others too :D )... please let me know if you are going to be selling and shipping some. Thanks!

Thanks acrab, I'll let you know.

I decided to change the bulb to the 10k for growth purposes. When I came back from vacation I actually had some Zoanthids reaching for light in some spots under the 14k. Here are a few shots with the new bulb. Enjoy.

Some PE's that are morphing to Green Stardust PE's.

CopyofGSPEs.jpg

Favites

CopyofBrain.jpg

Montipora digitata

CopyofMonti.jpg

Assorted Zoanthid/Palythoa.

CopyofZoas3.jpg

FTS

CopyofFTS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

amazing little frag tank, everything looks beautiful, i bet it takes alot to get this water quality to where it is, props to you, let us know when you are sellin stuff later down the road ;) , your stuff looks so healthy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived