ReefCleaners.org

The Tunze Nano DOC does fit in an Aquapod 24 HQI

Al Blue4.6l

Not sure if anyone was still wondering whether it would work (its been a while since I last did a search on the topic), but:

doc1.jpg

doc3.jpg

doc2.jpg

its very quiet so far, as promised. it started pulling crud out within 5 minutes and the collection cup already stinks. its obviously not broken in yet, so we'll see how it does after a couple of days. so far I'm happy with it though :)

Did you do any other mods? I would like to go this route with a Tunze skimmer. I also wanna add one more MJ for extra flow in the back like alot of people have done. Have you done anything like this? Most people seem to put the extra MJ in the compartment that the skimmer is in. I think if I just slid it over I might be able to fit both. Just wondering. Thanks Ryan

Not sure if anyone was still wondering whether it would work (its been a while since I last did a search on the topic), but:

doc1.jpg

doc3.jpg

doc2.jpg

its very quiet so far, as promised. it started pulling crud out within 5 minutes and the collection cup already stinks. its obviously not broken in yet, so we'll see how it does after a couple of days. so far I'm happy with it though :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey. sorry i didnt make it back to this thread sooner. i think an MJ might fit under it ...i'll see if i can figure it out for sure later (couldnt leave the strainer on though i dont think)..

its been working great so far. unfortunately its too noisy to run at night as the tank is about 3 feet from my head when i'm in bed.

• 1 month later...

I'll try to get some shots up soon. im having a hard time taking good ones.

Amanda- I emailed you, but actually looking at it, you probably could wedge some filter material in there if you really wanted to. I would use the standard "coarse" filter material there (usually blue). If you used a fine filter material, I'd worry about it clogging up pretty quickly.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was just wondering what material you could use to trap stuff from the overflow and not use the big sponge that came with it. What do you use to get large particles out of the water between the skimmer and the overflow? Sorry for all the questions, but I am new at keeping an all-in-one tank. Your tank looks really great! I hope I have as much luck. I appreciate the help,

Amanda

Certainly :)

you can probably just cut one of the big pads down and use it

I dont use anything to get large particles out...i may try what I just suggested to you though. I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to filtration on these tanks.

How would you compare your skimmer to like a seaclone or a coralife super skimmer? im going to be getting one for my ap24 but im leaning towards one of those cause my work doesnt carry tunze :X but wondering if i should jus go out and spend the extra money on it. thanks ;]

I havent used either- but I cant imagine that it would pull as much as the coralifes supposedly do (when they're properly adjusted) given its small size.

you may actually wind up with more room to play with in your filter chamber with the coralife, since the Tunze takes up so much room.

yeah, but the only thing is my tank is about 2 to 3 inches from my wall so im kind of limited thats why i like how the skimmer sits in the sump, im still debating which one to get, i can get a seaclone whenever i want it, but id have to wait awhile untill i can order a coralife and the foam filter is nitrate haven so im kind of stuck:X

• 2 years later...
DogfoodEnforcer

what size MJ are you using?

i put in two MJ 900s (i think). i drilled a hole on the angled piece next to the overflow grate. with a bulkhead there there is no space to put the tunze in :(

i was wondering what kind of flow you are getting with just using the single output into the tank (the hydor flo).

Archived