Pod Your Reef

New Here: Hello to all

rookie07

HI, I am Phil.

I live in NYC and have two Solanas. My tanks have been running for 1 year, and were created b/c as I signed my lease I was told I could not bring my 120 gallon reef tank with me, despite them telling me it was OK when we discussed it prior to the signing. So, I broke down the 120 and took all corals/rocks and moved it into 2 Solanas. Alot of my LPS Died (some amazing Chalices and Acan Lords). I sold most of the fish as they were not fit to live in 20" cubes. The only fish I kept was my pair of clowns ( F: B&W OCC & M: Doni's Snowcasso)

I have the same screen name on most Forums, but I am most active on Manhattanreefs.com.

Instead of having to repost all my pictures and info, here are links for my tanks.

120 Gallon Mixed Reef (5/1/09-5/30/10): 120 Gallon Reef

IMG_2395.jpg

My currect Dual Solanas (5/30/10-current): Dual Solanas

IMG_2092.jpg

Random Pictures mostly from the 120 gallon:

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Awesome tank shots, that clown in the white nem is amazing. It reminds me of a japanese koi fish for some reason. How does that eel do in there, I'd be freaking out with those pricey clowns in there with him. I had a yellow headed moray and that thing loved to eat fresh caught Sgt. Majors.

Many of those pictures were of the old 120 gallon tank. Sorry for the confusion. The eel was great in that tank. Zebra Moray eels are the "reef safest" of all eels (or so Ive been told). My fire shrimp pair would hang out with him all the time. When the eel moved to a new part of the tank, the fire shrimp would follow (even in small caves)

:welcome: To N-R

I love the if I can't have one big tank then I will have two smaller tanks idea.

Way to stick it to the man!

gulfsurfer101

It sucks your going to have that split that tank up, it looks so nice all grown out like it is. What did you have in mind as far as plan wise.

Not really "nano", but whatever.

Both of his current tank's are nanos and they contain the live stock he had pictures of... <_<

Rook - great looking setups man. I absolutely love the dual Solanos flanking the TV. Certainly gives me a lot of ideas for my new house. If only the wife would allow it... Damn your awesome concept that I can't implement :P

A build thread for the dueling Solanos would be really cool. I see MP-10s and AI Sols, but would love to know more.

Also, that Fungia is amazing!

• 1 month later...

Archived